As an experienced management consultant to many small business owners and senior management of private and public companies. I have found that search engine optimization (SEO) is the single most powerful marketing tool that every CEO should be aware of and eventually implement. There are five reasons that I think why search engine optimization must be implemented into a company’s marketing strategy before you are left in the dust of your competition.
1. Absence of risk. In many cases, paid advertising is subject to click fraud risk and competitor’s black techniques (such as using robot softwares to click your ads thousands of times without any real benefit to your site besides paying for each click to the search engine, such as Google Adwords). SEO is pretty much free of any risk. Unless you spam or make obvious mistakes, it cannot damage your business.
2. Reliability. Banner ads or paid search engine placement works until the marketing budget is down to zero. Then, the site disappears from the listings, and your returning customers cannot find you any more. SEO helps to buffer this process, so you can gradually reduce the advertising budget as you’re increasing your results obtained from organic search engine listings. Also consumers are more likely to purchase from a site ranked high in the search engine results than from an evidently placed advertisement.
3. Brand awareness (the favorite one of many marketers). A web site having a high ranking means more people see the name of the company and become familiar with the company and its products, even if they haven’t made a purchase. A surveys show that consumers are twice as likely to recognize businesses ranked in the top three in search engine results than those appearing in banner ads.
4. Targeted traffic. Search engine optimization brings paying customers to your door step. The customers that SEO bring you are long for your products/services as they have entered your websites keywords/phrases into the search engines. SEO will further help you transform visitors into buyers by analyzing their behavior once they find your site. You will learn how to transform these visitors into buyers by utilizing the content of your website in the most effective manner possible.
5. Affordability (the favorite one of all the business owners and CEOs). In comparison to banner ads, which cost between $2500 to $35000 a month and outsourced SEO plan costs as little as $1000. Well, and after this course you will hardly need to hire an SEO expert or outsource an SEO campaign, anyway.